- Creating an account
- Providing customer service and/or support
- Enabling the use of certain features of our Products
- Personalizing your online experience
- Sending marketing communications
- Providing you with a newsletter subscription
- Managing a job application
- Your Internet Protocol (IP) address. This is a number automatically assigned to your computer or device whenever you connect to the Internet. It is a unique address assigned by your Internet service provider or IT department on a TCP/IP network. Among other things, the IP address allows web servers to locate and identify your device.
- Clickstream behavior. This includes, for example, the pages you view and the links you click. These tools help make your visit to our website easier, more efficient, and more valuable by providing you with a customized experience and recognizing you when you return.
- Delivering a Product you have ordered
- Analyzing, supporting, and improving our Products and your online experience
- Personalizing websites, newsletters and other communications
- Sending communications to you, including for marketing or customer satisfaction purposes, either directly from Flash Global or from our partners
HOW WE MIGHT SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION Flash Global takes care to allow your personal information to be accessed only by those who really need to in order to perform their tasks and duties, and to share only with third parties who have a legitimate purpose for accessing it. We may share personal information in the following ways:
- Flash Global Affiliates: We may share your information within Flash Global and any of our worldwide subsidiaries for purposes of providing services and support, data processing or storage.
- Service Providers: We do not share, sell, transfer or otherwise disseminate your personal data to third parties and will not do so in future, unless required by law, unless required to provide our services and comply with the obligations arising from contractual agreements concluded with you or unless you have given explicit consent to do so. For instance, it may be necessary to pass on your address and order data to third parties such as vendors and service providers. Unless described in this Privacy Statement, we do not share, sell, rent, or trade any of your personal information with third parties for the purposes of direct marketing or for their own promotional purposes.
Service providers that process data on our behalf are contractually obliged to maintain strict confidentiality. They follow our instructions and will not share your personal information with any organization apart from us. They will hold your personal information securely and retain it for the period we instruct. This is guaranteed by technical and organizational measures, as well as by means of checks and controls.
- Business Partners: We may provide your information to our channel partners, such as our global Partner Network, to fulfill product and information requests, to effectively deliver unified support, and to provide customers and prospective customers with information about Flash Global and our products and services. From time to time, Flash Global may engage in joint sales or product promotions with selected business partners. If you purchase or specifically express interest in a jointly-offered product, promotion or service, we may share relevant personal information with those partners. Please be aware that Flash Global does not control our business partners’ use of such information. Our partners are responsible for managing their own use of the personal information collected in these circumstances. We recommend you review the privacy policies of the relevant partner to find out more about their handling of your personal information.
- Compliance with laws or any competent law enforcement body, regulatory body, government agency, court or third party: We may disclose information where we believe disclosure is necessary or required (i) by law or regulation, in order to comply with legal process or government requests (including in response to public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements); or (ii) to exercise, establish or defend our legal rights.
- Business transfers: We may share or transfer your information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing, acquisition, dissolution, corporate reorganization or similar event. We will inform any buyer that your information shall only be used in accordance with this Privacy Statement.
- With your consent: We may disclose your personal information for any purpose with your express written consent.
- In an aggregated format. In aggregated, anonymized, and/or de-identified form which cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
- Other legitimate business purposes: We may share your personal information when it is necessary for other legitimate purposes such as protecting Flash Global’s confidential and proprietary information or where necessary to support, respond to and to provide our products and services to our customers.
HOW YOU CAN GET ACCESS TO AND ENSURE THE ACCURACY OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION AND EXCERSICE YOUR RIGHTS We need your help in keeping your personal information accurate and up to date. If you need assistance, or help with accessing, correcting, suppressing, or deleting your personal information, please feel free to contact us directly at email@example.com. We make good faith efforts to honor reasonable requests to access, delete, update, suppress, or correct your data. If we are unable to honor your request, we will provide you with an explanation. Some Flash Global entities may act as or be considered “data controllers”. When a Flash Global entity is acting as a data controller, you – as a data subject – can exercise the following rights. In accordance with data protection laws you are entitled to obtain confirmation as to whether your personal information is being processed, verify its accuracy, update it, and/or request to rectify inaccuracies. You also have the right to have your personal information erased, as well as the right to object (on legitimate grounds) to the processing of your personal information. To exercise such rights and/or if you have any further questions or complaints about how we process your personal information, then please contact the Flash Global entity directly. We have one month to respond to you. You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you still have any concerns about how we handle your personal information, you have the right to report this to the data protection authority of the country where you live in or where the Flash Global entity is established. Retention of Personal Information We will retain your personal information no longer than is necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected, such as to comply with our business requirements, legal obligations, resolve disputes, protect our assets, and enforce our agreements. Your Choices and Selecting Your Communication Preferences We give you the choice of receiving a variety of information related to our Products. You can manage your communication preferences through the following methods:
- By following the instructions included in each promotional email from us to subscribe or unsubscribe from that particular mailing.
- By sending us a message through email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to: Flash Global Logistics, Inc., Greg Castelo, 333 US Route 46 West, Mountain Lakes, New Jersey, 07046 USA. Please be sure to include your name, email address, and specific, relevant information about the material you no longer wish to receive.