Logistics is a broad term with layers of implications that vary with the situation. We know exactly what you think when you hear the phrases, “post-sales service,” “service logistics,” “reverse logistics,” or “service supply chain,” and we know the road ahead of you. We also know that you will not sleep if you don’t have the right solutions and people in place. Let’s address some of the challenges you face.
The Challenges Logistics Managers Face
As a service logistics manager, you own total cost of ownership (TCO), fulfilling nearly impossible global SLAs and scaling with the growth of your company. In addition, you now must find even smarter solutions around no trouble found (NTF) managements, configure to order (CTO) and repair. As if that were not daunting enough, people in your position are underfunded and understaffed — and the expectations keep increasing.
To succeed, you must:
- Know where your installed base is and what SLAs are in place, by customer.
- Have warehouses located within SLA delivery times.
- Maintain visibility into global inventory and have stocking parameters in place.
- Have transportation options to cover all SLAs – with backup/contingency plans.
- Manage imports/exports by meeting all cumbersome compliance rules and regulations.
- Successfully ship the right spare part to the right place and at the right time.
In addition, every logistics manager has to expect the unexpected. External events completely out of your control can upend a supply chain and send costs spiraling. Nobody can predict a natural disaster, political crisis, or labor strike, but nevertheless logistics professionals have to be ready to respond at a moment’s notice.
Are you trying to handle all this by yourself or with a small staff? If the answer is yes, read on.
How We Can Help
No one person can be an expert in every topic, which is where our team can fill in the gaps and help scale your supply chain operations, capabilities, and resources to meet your customers’ ever-increasing expectations. The following “flowgram” illustrates how the service supply chain works.
To achieve unparalleled visibility into your global inventory, you can leverage FlashTrac, our specialized software platform for post-sales supply chain management. FlashTrac empowers you to make decisions based on real-time data, not out-of-date reports or “best guesses.”
Meet – or exceed – your KPIs with the help of FlashTrac and Flash’s team of experts. With us, you can:
- Leverage end-to-end visibility into your global parts inventory and order tracking.
- Place and fill orders based on availability by location.
- Reduce inventory costs.
- Facilitate complete and accurate trade compliance documents.
- Solve many of the challenges faced by service logistics managers.
Flash Global can help you support your staff and end customers with products and services when and where they’re needed.
Our suite of end-to-end services includes:
- Spare parts logistics services focused on accuracy and on-time delivery.
- In-region technical services, including product test and screen, configuration and repair.
- Country-specific regulatory and trade compliance.
- Unparalleled solution design options.
- Rapid support in more than 130 countries.
Learn more about all our service supply chain offerings.
We’ve been in your world — the global logistics space — since the mid-1980s, so we know the lay of the landmines. Disruption, or the potential for it, is everywhere. It’s not a matter of if a part fails; it’s when. Customs officials can delay a shipment seemingly for no other reason than which way the wind blows. How quickly you can recover … that’s what matters. Downtime is a revenue-killer for you and your customers. We’re ready at a moment’s notice to help get operations back up and running as soon as possible — protecting your brand in the process.
Flash Global has 35 years’ experience in executing end-to-end logistics supply chain. We have specialized in service supply chain management for the past 15 years and help growing tech companies support their tech products globally.
We’ve been where you’re going and look forward to seeing how we can help you win faster.